View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 07:07 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

The CST10 took it's maiden voyage today. Chirping 2nd gear at times too Took it for a run to break in the brakes. Found a nice half mile stretch of road and opened it up, all four barrels. Not as much low end as I was expecting, but she pulls nice and hard all the way up through the RPM range, chirping firmly into 2nd. Didn't do any hard launches, so I can't tell you how long it can smoke'em through 1st Only problem is it idles pretty lean... But, hell, it's got a bad *** idle and it's not lean enough that it's causing problems, so might just leave it be for now.

Then drove it a short ways to Jack in the Box, and reveled in the looks. The truck rides really well for a truck, and stops nice and hard. Still running the drum MC and Prop valve, but were ordering the disk brake propvalve next, and an MC as well.

Monday it goes up to the dealership my dad works at for inspection and an alignment. When I come up thursday for my Bday party with the family, I'm bringin' her home..

And a date on friday..

Words cannot express how awesome this moment is. 2 years man, two years.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere