View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 11:05 AM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude
Default Sweed - Honda CRX

I bought this car in November, I think, 2007. Saw it sitting with a "For Sale" sign not far from where I lived, and passed it everyday of the week on the way home from school. My dad saw it one day, and liked it, and asked me about it. We went to check it out, a few things on the engine needed fixing, but it was overall a pretty solid car. Or so it seemed, but I've learned alot over the last two years.

The AC needed to be re-charged and there was a leak in one of the lines. The valve cover gasket was leaking. Both, relatively easy fixes. Oh, and the horendous eBay coils on blown stock shocks. That didn't get fixed for almost a full year.

Fast forward to summer 2008. It was near 100* in July. Changed the entire suspension/rims/tires and got it aligned the day before Project Revolution (with Linkin Park). Day and night difference.

At the beginning of Augast this year, the car went in for paint. Took three weeks and three grand, and I'm still not happy with it. From ten feet, it looks great, but from two, there's some problems. All that will hopefully get sorted though.

^^mind the jdm-tilt.

Modifications, as of August 2009:

Shoes:
15x7", +40 Rota Slipstream
205.50.15 Yokohama S.Drive

Stiff Stuff:
KYB AGX 4-Way Adjustable Shocks
Ground Control Coilover Sleeves w/Eibach Springs

Interior:
Ebay Special Shifter
Ebay Special Steering Wheel
CRX Si Front Seats

Sound:
Rockford Fosgate Amp
Pioneer Speakers
Road Runner Boxes in Rear

Engine:
Ebay Special Short Ram Intake
Ebay Special Rice Can Muffler
American Racing Air Filter
Red Painted Valve Cover (+25hp!!)

The entire build thread can be found here.

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....