Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
UPDATE:
Car doesn't start.
Solution, buy a Chevy.

Few things to check.

1) Put a volt meter to the battery before you start charging and post what it's at.

2) Attempt to jump start

3) If jump started, drive around for about 10 minutes. This will save you for later.

4) Put it on a slow charge over night and make sure the battery is topped off.

5) Put the volt meter back on, and turn on a high draw item, like the head lights. Now, sit back and watch your voltage. If the battery is good, you should not see it drop much at all. If the battery is bad, you'll see start to drop voltage rather fast, if your watching anything under 12.5 with in a few minutes, this is a good sign the battery is going out.

6) If the battery tests good, check and make sure no circuits are drawing power while the key is off. Amp, radio, just anything you've added.

7) If that's not the problem, and you have further starter problems, carry a hammer and give the starter a good ol' love tap or two if it refuses to crank over, and replace starter.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere