Old 12-20-2008, 11:44 PM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMDrifter View Post
anyways, the crx is looking better now.
hm... why not a turbo?
you'd never have to refill it, and in the long run, it'd cost less...
i'd go turbo and save the nitrous for sometime in the future.

Thanks.
No money. It depends what I do for college. I might do a small Turbo Set-Up that puts down ~200hp to the wheels in the future, but I don't know. Cost wise, the Nitrous is about $1000 cheaper at the same power level, but it's way out in the future....

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMDrifter View Post
and interior lighting is soooo rice.
a little is fine and looks good, but not if you're trying to make the inside light up like heaven. that's kinda too much
It's not gonna be super-duper bright, just enough to light the interior so I can see. I'm not into rice-tastic stuff (even if my sigs says...), but the interior will come out clean..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon_Tuner View Post
Fellow Honda brethen speaking...

If you say you aren't good with cars that much.Why would you waste your time trying to light the inside of it up and make it like your going to the dance floor or something. Keep it clean, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a car.

Fix those leaks. Fix the things that bother you the most. Dont ruin a good looking CRX just for it to look "cool"

Save some of that money from the lighting and all that, just keep saving and get you a later model LS motor,a CRV motor pair it with a good trannt and that car will be a whole alot better. Like the guy on here THE EDJ says I don't care if your car looks good. Mine is faster!

IMO though...
I'm pretty decent with Soldering and Electronics. Easy and cheap ($40 will do lights for the entire car, but I'm not that cheap), and it looks good. And there's virtually no lighting inside the car.....

4x 10" LED Strip = $40
4x 12" Neon Bar = $40
50x Assorted Blue/White LED's = $25

And that would be plenty bright and cover it. But it'll be done in stages.

For the motor, I'll Mini-Me it in the future and wait for the engine to go out. I'm swapping the Tranny to a Si trim one before anything, cause the bearings are going out already....
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"