View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 01:17 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude
Default B1G's (Shinny and Nearly New) ProPulse

So for the past few months I've been on an all time low with the RC scene, the combination of a number of things had bummed me out to the point that I just couldn't be bothered any more....

I really wanted to get back into Nitro as that was where I started and where my heart was but I just couldn't find the right ride... I had my eyes on a really nice Traxxs on eBay but didn't win and was about to give up full stop when Zippo855 contacted me about a ProPulse he had up for sale (yes I know its not a nitro), the price was just right and a number of upgrades where included, so I paid him and then the bug hit me once more....

I am so impressed with the ProPulse, I'd wanted one for a while but my RS had been out of them and all the spares for months, now that I have one I am amazed that RadioShack released something this good :::

In the deal with Zippo I got the black Truck, the chassis had the aluminum shocks and dual motor upgrades installed, Zippo also threw in a high torque motor and a spare set of tires, RX / TX, antenna covers, etc....

I've had two runs with the truck so far and its insane! Its currently on charge so I can take it out again tonight, so far its been pretty much unstoppable, I've taking it on tarmac, concrete, grass, mud, mulch, rock, etc and it just keeps going.... the best has to be the mulch, you drive it into that and the tires just dig in and spray it everywhere.....

Now as I said my RS was all out of spares so I had to buy from eBay, I didn't get the 97c deals but I don't feel as though I got ripped off, I brought everything from 1 seller and got a pretty decent hookup so I now have:

5 sets of NIB tires - one of each tread type.
Replacement NIB hardware kit
Replacement NIB antenna covers, caps and body clips
NIB Titanium Turnbuckle and Servo Saver kit
NIB Spur and Pinion Gear Kit
NIB Driveshaft and Gearbox kit
NIB Replacement Bumper Kit
NIB Replacement Shock Tower Kit

Like I said they weren't 97c's each but I didn't pay a ton for them either.

I've since been back and purchased the 1400MAh official battery pack upgrade from the same seller for more power.

So without further ado here are the first few photos of my new toy:

Once it finishes charging I'll take some more exciting ones, maybe even some outdoor ones

I've done some reading on these and I know that they have a few week points, I'm going to be looking into getting various upgrades that will strengthen the chassis and drive system once all that is in place I'm going for power with a new ESC and probably a brushless mamba setup...

I'll also need new tires to hook up the mambas power and word on the street is that the foam tires from the RC18T cars work best.

Stay tuned because for the moment this is where my spare money will be going :gun5: and a big thanks to Zippo for hooking me up!!

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....

Last edited by TheB1GDude; 04-14-2009 at 01:31 PM..