View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 01:02 AM
All 6's and 7's

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to bondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboi1289 View Post
The hood still needs alot of work, but it looks like a pretty good project.

Glad to see you back!

Looks like you may need a new or rebuilt radiator support, that one looks kinda rusted out. Yea, on those old trucks, you WILL find rust, unless the truck has been in a garage the hole time.Overall the 4th, 5th and 6th pictures look like some good metal work, bending just right.
thanks,
the hood is actually in pretty **** good shape compared to the other two.
those holes in the front are the worst of it and that whole lead edge is getting cut out and replaced with OER.
the other two hoods had split infront of the hinges on both sides and the lead edge was completely gone.

it sucks when you find rust but it sucks even more when you find NO rust because the metal is gone.......lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
well i hope you dont plan to use Bondo to fill up those holes!! or use it anywhere on that truck for that matter haha. thats way to beautiful of a ride to be wasting it. Loving the work! keep it up

thanks,
there will be some bondo on this truck but it isnt going to make the form of the truck,fill any holes,or be added in hopes of renewing structural rigidity.
the less i have to block, the better

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheB1GDude View Post
So the legend returns..... PM me sometime!

Good looking truck! You sure did pick something that needs a lot of work though!! How far along do you think you will be come August?

Keep us posted....

hopefully DONE!!!....lol
progress is moving alot quicker now.
im pretty much full time on this piece for awhile.
as long as the cash is flowing and the supplies are there then i will be too grinding my little heart out....

thanks again guys,