View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 09:29 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)

Updated to current status of my truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananabrain View Post
Well this is what happens when your bored on thanksgiving break & want fog lights on your truck.

Used the 19mm socket to round the corners.

Unfortuantly my knife wouldn't cut the curve, so I just made it a rectangle.

Before sandiny & cleaning up the pencil marks.

Cleaned up & looking good.

Now I just need some fog lights that are around 3"x5", looking at some optronics from walmart or maybe some wide angle beam ones from blazer tech. They are both around $20, but the wide beam ones are on amazon I am assuming they are 3x5 or around that size, but i can't figure out what they are.

The optronics ones are a bit bigger than 3"x5" but still smaller than the hole I made.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/OEM-Style-...t-Kit/16680053

Wide beam ones I am looking at, still not for sure how big they are.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

If you guys have any recommendations on lights that will fit, let me know. I plan on doing an hid conversion on them too at some point.
Quote:
Got the fog lights installed, still need to do some minor adjusting to the get the maximum light output. What really made this day worst was I got the passengers side finished & then went to the drivers side, but it turns out the lense was cracked.

So I had to take the passengers side apart return the fog lights to walmart & get a new pair. After that everything went smoothly. Also the lenses are made of glass.

Light brackets, built out of 1/4" thick plastic (left over pieces from the valance), then I used 1/8" thick wire to help support the brackets.

I would like to get some hids for them sometime, I will get day pictures tommorrow.
Quote:
Day picture(s).

Pics of the wiring all cleaned up.

Quote:
Well here are some pics from yesterday & Tuesday, they should all be in order. Also the pictures do not show how amazing it actually looks, its almost flawless compared to before.

My supply bucket, weighs 17lbs.

Before washing, yes there is snow on my truck it was like 50 degrees out though.

After washing with Duragloss #901

After clay barring.

Buffing compound.

Polishing.

Wet look sealer stuff.

Fleet wax.

TEAM XI