View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 02:11 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to BulletsRain

Video of me not getting stuck

Video is up! It was a crazy day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xbaRK1cBzY

Had some fun climbing snow mounds Yesterday. Climbed some more today as well.

Got the radio in Tuesday evening. Only took a little over two hours. I was surprised to find the people that installed my first one hooked up the speakers wrong. That's probably why it stopped working. Anyways, I took some pics of the install.

Oh... and I got a few more little misc. things... but I think I might be getting a new horn... :teehee::teehee:

Bracket is on the wrong way in the picture... whooooops! :teehee:

Yea I've thought about just spraying it, but it's been so cold here and I want the paint to dry good. If I can get it powdered coated for a decent price I will. IF it's too pricey I'll just paint it myself.

The Strobes turned out really nice IMO. They are cheap ones, which I really could care less. I really couldn't justify spending $80 for a single strobe light. That's why I cheaped out and got them for less than $20. Sure, they are cheaply made... But I can open these ones up and actually change every thing in them quite easily if one goes out.

I mounted them on the crossbar, evenly spaced. They have 3 different strobe modes and are actually pretty bright considering their size. I will get some pics from further away soon. My camera doesn't record the strobe pattern well, but here are a few pictures. The rear strobes haven't came in the mail yet, but they will be mounted inside the Jeep.

I'll get a video of them too. I had one, but they were just taped on for mock up and testing purposes. Now that they are mounted and aimed right it will be better.

Oh, and I need to get black zip ties!!!!

On the white before transition to the amber

Timed it just right.

Got a few pics. It's been a crazy week. We have had 4 snow days, and I've been driving around trying to help people out.

Tonight I pulled a Yukon out of a pretty deep ditch. Then I directed traffic around another truck pulling a car out of a ditch. The strobes help so much in this kind of weather, which is exactly why I put them on.

The Jeep looking good while directing some traffic.

But then somewhere after that, the bumpy, icy roads broke my rear left shock mount. The mount was broken when the shop that put my lift on replaced the shock. So they welded it back on then, but they must of done a really bad job welding because it broke again!

So now I gotta take the shock off until I can get it welded tomorrow or Sunday.