View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 05:25 AM
The Daywalker

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Numbchux Send a message via MSN to Numbchux Send a message via Yahoo to Numbchux

parts purchasing is still mostly on hold. picking up some new fenders and other cosmetic parts in the Cities this weekend. but next paycheck.....should mostly go to rebuild parts. either that or I'll save up to put towards sending my Heads/cams to Delta :banana:

But, did some work tonight. Basement looked like this when I came up awhile ago:

cut the un-needed parts off the supercharger plenums (see the whole parts bolted to the blower above):

now looks like this:

keeping the little piece to help pull air around the corner (I don't know if it's really necessary....but mercedes thought it should be there......so I'll leave it).

and this:

also cut a piece of sheet aluminum to block off the hole on the high-pressure side:

was going to alumiweld it on there.....but couldn't get it hot enough. might have to find a better way to insulate it from the vise.

got the freeze plug out:

and block heater ready to go in:

got the rear access panels off:

so, what the heck, pulled the pistons too:

1 & 3

2 & 4

some scoring on the skirt of #2. but not too bad (almost cannot be felt....I bet once I clean it up, you'll hardly be able to see it)

topside of #4 cylinder

some signs of contact/friction. but not any deeper than the crosshatching. so I think some fresh rings/hone will solve that "issue". next I have to buy a 12-point 12mm to split the case. then the parts to reassemble....

"Where are we going, and why are we in a handbasket?"
Subaru --- All We'll Drive
Member: NSW, USC, MNS, C4C. Founder/Owner: NCC