View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 06:29 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)
Default How to Rewire your Xmod using 18 AWG Speaker Wire

I got like 100 feet of 18AWG wire for $1.99. Its speaker wire but it still can be used (correct me if I'm wrong) I will post pics ASAP. I recommend reading this tutorial first then start to rewire your xmod.

supplies:

Several Ft of 18AWG Wire(or wire of your choice) I used speaker wires
Wire Cutters
Soldering Iron
Desoldering Braid
Wire Stripper or Sharp knife
Red and Black Sharpie (not required but recommended)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Use wire cutters to cut the wire into your preffered length. Use a wire stripper or a knife to remove the rubber tubing from the wire tips. (remove 1cm of the rubber tubing tip of each wire)

2. Get out your Xmod (duh!) and desolder the wires connecting the battery holders. Remove all wire you want to be replaced. NOTE: draw a diagram how the wires go just in case you forgot where the wires go or you can just find a wiring diagram online.

3. Tin the wires that you are going to use to rewire your Xmod

4.Solder the wires according to the diagram. If you are replacing the wires that connect to the EP from the battery packs becareful, you dont want a fried EP. Use the 5-second rule or the 8 second rule to avoid burning . (I forgot what second)

5. Make sure the wires fit nice and good. If the wires rubber tubing isn't colored, use the Sharpies to mark out the -'s & the +'s. (red positive, black negative)

6. Gently pull the wires if one comes off you need to resolder. You dont want your Xmod to short circut and ruin your Xmod.

7. Put your car back together and test fit it with the body.Make sure no wire gets caught in the wheels, diff, gears....etc.

8. Test your car out. If everything works Good, Get out a soda and jug it down. If not repeat step 5-7. If you have any problems put them here. Suggestions are also welcome. I will post pics up Wink Enjoy that rewired Xmod

Pics: [They are old and that Gen 1 Died long ago =( ]