Thread: My Slash's!
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 11:33 PM
Bored...

Trader Rating: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrors4 View Post
depends how low you wanna go, and what ur driving on.. if ur driving on the road, always keep this in mind, the lower you go, the either
a) use harder springs or
b) use heavier WT oil in the shocks(i use this cause.. well.. im used to it)

but some people like driving knowing they can bottom out.. bottoming out sometimes helps if you need to slow down, but it doesnt help when u lose traction and you do a 180 and start going the other way.. lol

i say, experiment, see what you like, and just drive it that way..... for my rustler, i liked to when it bottoms out, cause then i can limit myself on what height jumps and what i can and cant do.. if i wasnt careful, my punishment would be bottoming out
It only bottoms out when I jump it (off the curb) so its not too much of an issue. But what is an issue, is what happened yesterday. The motor might as well be French because I fried it. I was out for two minutes on two dully charged batteries, and it was doing great! Then it slowed, so I stopped to check it out, and when it did stop, smoke started pouring out of it. I got the body off, and turned it off, and unplugged the batteries. It appeared to be coming out of the motor, but I got the batteries out anyways. The batteries are fine, the receiver and steering servo are fine, and as far as I know the ESC is ok. The motor though, is dead. It smalls horrid! I emailed Traxxas about it and am expecting a response sometime soon. It doesnt bother me too too much though, because I was just going brushless soon anyways.