View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 07:12 AM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via AIM to snowboi1289 Send a message via Yahoo to snowboi1289

I dont know why, but I dont really like the black Monte Carlo's (80's). I dont drive it around, well, I go went down to the gas station just to put some gas into her, everybody just cant get enough of it. I dont have any tag for it yet, because the car is in my name and I need to have the tag into my name also.

I decided to look under the nasty carpet that somebody did not install right (not stock), I found a nice treat, *Rust*, not that bad at all, just a couple large holes. It was poring down rain all this week, but it finally stopped, so I worked all through the night/morning to get it taken apart and ready for treatment (rust treatment, will replace when I have the money to buy new floor pans). Took out all the seats, all the carpet, just nasty. It was like new, but the guy actually used it as a trash can, one open bottle may have ruined that part of the carpet.

I will try to get to the bank today to get some cash (lost my debit card), then buy some rubberized spray paint, more rust treatment, a bunch of interior bulbs, and some exterior bulbs.

The carb. needs tunning, the oil needs to be changed, the alternator needs to be rebuilt (new voltage regulator), and a new tag and it will be ready for the road. For some reason, the speedo doesnt stay still, it just bounces, will have to figure out, also it doesnt show the RPM's.

Heres some great pictures of rust on the pans:

Also rebuilt the windshield wiper motor assm., but it still doesnt go too fast, a lil' time and I'll fix it, might just be a loose wire or bad relay:

Last edited by bondo; 04-03-2009 at 11:09 AM..