View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 11:16 PM
aka xmod4life

Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via AIM to Dr. Kustom Send a message via MSN to Dr. Kustom

Thanks for the comments guys, the PCB wasn't waterproofed, there wasn't any wheel wells also. The way the PCB is located really help most of the water to stay away from it, of course water can get to the PCB, but it wasn't as easy as the Xmods was. I ran it for about 15 mins. non stop, I didn't have any problem with it, right after the run, I clean up the PCB and just left the chassis sit on my desk, I got too lazy to clean the chassis parts. Some parts have been rust, but I already took care of it.

Here's the process pics of the re-build.

Day 1:

After the run, I ended out with a broken CF center shaft.

Some damaged gear.

And some dirty rusty parts.

But as you can see from this pic, the PCB is still perfect, no water damage at all.

Since I'm re-building this chassis, I found out that there's some bumpy area at the bottom of the chassis, so I deiced to get rid of them and make it a flat smooth surface to get better ground clearance.

Day 2:

I got a replacement CF center shaft to replaced the broken one, also cleaned all the chassis parts.

Half way done.

Here's a pic of the swing shaft from before and after polish.

Most of the parts are re-installed back to the chassis.

I swap out the stock motor and replaced it with Atomic Ball Bearing Stock motor.

Notice the ground clearance.

Made a new custom front lip and skid plate.

Rear exhaust, diffuser, and mud flaps. Because there wasn't enough room for mud flaps up front, so I could only have rear mud flaps.

Finally, its all put together.

New WRC lip.