View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to BulletsRain

Haven't updated this for a bit, sorry bout that. I'll just copy my posts from JeepForum.

My interior LED lighting.

5/30/10
Took pics of the interior lights.
Sorry for blurry pics....
If anyone wants a bulb list or anything lemme know.

I still have to replace both driver and passenger side foot well lights. Oh and BTW... if you take that crappy plastic cover off the lights in the foot well they are like 2x brighter. :thumbsup:

6/3/10
Well yesterday I was driving to work, jamming to some Guns and Roses, when poof my Radio shut off and my VIC shut off. My VIC had been blinking like crazy earlier that day. It was telling me all sorts of good information, like how I was in 2wd and 4 lo at the same time! It also said all my doors were open! Crazy stuff!

Well anyways, I started to push buttons with the "WTF" look on my face... but then I smelled a familiar smell. Burning plastic... I started freaking out, ready to pull into the nearest parking lot to put out a fire, but nothing happen. My first thought was that it was just a blown fuse, and I had smelled the fuse and that was all...

Well I was wrong. After about an hour of checking fuses and reading the manual to see what fuses controlled what, I finally pulled out the right fuse. I saw that it was broken, so I thought no biggie, and popped another one in. Immediately after I heard a faint pop, and then smelt that same smell again. I looked to my left to see smoke rolling out from where the VIC is. I rushed to pull that fuse out. I don't even like the thought of having something in my vehicle that could cause a fire, so I got to work on pulling that VIC out.

I got the dashboard and stuff out all in about an hour.
Here are the pics.

Burn spot?

The smoke I was smelling came from this spot, really glad it didn't catch the board on fire. Then I would have had a big problem.

Closer pic of the damage

Time to go to the junkyard and see if I can find another one! Oh, and yes... unlike some I like my VIC. Maybe I can find a 5.9 grille too!

6/7/10

Alright so the VIC problem has been fixed. Got a replacement from the Junkyard for $30. Not bad :thumbsup:

So I got the dash put back on today. I also wired in 3 white superflux led lights from Oznium in the glovebox. I also put a blue superflux in the cigarette lighter.
Here are the pics!

Lights in place ready to be wired together

Glued in place with some hot glue

Soldered wires, and glued them to be nice and tucked away.

The lights stick out a little bit. I don't mind it though. It's mostly just because I couldn't find the right drill bit.

The lights on. Oh, They are wired in a series getting power from a 194 base that plugs into the factory outlet for the original light. This way the push button switch still works. :2thumbsup:

I put a piece of paper in there just to show the brightness. Now this is with the Jeep off, I'm sure running the light would be a bit brighter. My battery isn't the best! All these LED's are sure helping though... darn incandscent bulbs!

Here is the cigarette lighter... I think it's pretty sweet and yes... it really does look like that.

While playing around with that little blue superflux I put it in the shifter light and it was awesome. So I'll be ordering more LED lights for the Shifter and 4wd shifter and also the key light. LEDs ARE AWESOME!

6/8/10
Got my new piece of mirror glass installed today. I like it!
Now I can actually see with my driver side mirror. :2thumbsup:

I think I'm going to go ahead and order HID's... 6000k for headlights... 3000k for fogs.

Yes I know... I have stock housings... and it will most likely glare...

The only times I drive at night are when I work night shifts or stay out late at friends. The town I live in really shuts down at night. I have seriously drove home from work before and only passed one car during a 15 minute drive. There are also not a lot of street lights around my neighborhood... and you know how those deer like to pretend to be ninjas.... :teehee:

^ That was to the haters of non projector true HID housings. There is tons of arguments about it.... as I'm sure some of you know. Not looking to argue with anyone about it.

As of today, 6/12/10, I have HID's on the way... basically just some small things left to do... I got the money to buy my lift kit, but I don't quite have the funds for tires and wheels yet. Well... I mean I do but, I wouldn't have any money left over which would be a bad thing. More updates to come.

Last edited by BulletsRain; 06-12-2010 at 06:39 PM..