View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 02:53 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondo View Post
as far as the camo goes, you need at least one other color on there for it to appear realistic.
double color camo's are fine as long as the colors mimic something.(desert storm trucks were 2 colors, tan and brown but they were mimicking sand)
with the colors you have,the only thing you would blend in with is a herd of cows.

now before you get deffensive and take my words the wrong way, you can rest assured that i've taken flack in almost all of my tutorials.
it's just the nature of the beast. everyone has their own way of doing things and an open platform to express these.i'm simply voicing mine.
the way it stands, this is a good tut for the basics of how camo should look and your methods are very clear with detailed pics but chances are, it wont be stickied.
here's why,
1. there's no finished product.
2. your process is flawed and the mods are looking for the best tuts for stickies.
3. it looks cheap and unrealistic.

take a look at XMODifications latest camo's.
he even stated himself that he's not a painter(could've fooled me) but he pulled off two of the best looking camo jobs ive seen with minimal cost.
he used multiple colors and made it look real.

soapbox mode off,
bondo
Bondo i didnt take you words the wrong way but no offese a camo paintjob is not at all supose to look pretty and dandy it is supose to look very destracting. I happen to love and want to work with the military and i have studies many things pertaining to the military and one of those things happens to be camouflage. To me i dont care what you think it looks like as long as it will be able to take cove while using it that is what i want it to do. Just an FYI for all the people that want to make camo painted cars the military paints their own cars and do they have the best paint jobs ever no they are very uneven and do not follow a paint pattern because camo is supose to distract the eyes of their enemy not make the people stand out.

Oh bondo did you read what i wrote about my finished product guess not but i'll re type it for you because i respect your opinions and beliefs.

"(I will post a picture of the final product soon the hood and rear bumper did not come out like i wanted to so i have to redo it.)"

read the whole post dont just skip parts, bondo im not trying to single you out but read the whole thing.

signature wont let me list all of my cars!!!!!!! not fair moderator needed plz help

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanglover View Post
lol crawling with 1 wheel drive that would be funny
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Its not realistic that these go about 280mph at scale speed either.
Custom Corvette Club: 1/3 Founder
Team ACCENTS Member
Proud member of Crawling Truck Club(CTC) The fist and only!