View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 09:08 PM
Rethink It All

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to RedSXmodder Send a message via MSN to RedSXmodder

Discuss!

One thing I'd like to point out in these armatures is that there is a ton of potential as far as tuning goes. I'm 100% positive that this armature (or any carefully made double for that matter) will be an excellent addition to any x-truckers arsenal, and may even spark interest in Rally cars, or to get even farther out there, some dirt oval action. Wouldn't that be kick ***? However, one thing that would be very worthwhile looking into is a double, on a Spiral armature! I mean, seriously, here's what I was thinking:

M1 Motor Case (Hard brush springs, because it has enough torque, and doesn't need anymore RPM)
Spiral Armature with a 21x2 pattern (Torque out the wahzoo, plus RPM to spare)
FAT copper comm (will last alot longer than wimpy standard comms, and handle the voltage better too)
Neodiymium Motor Magnets (These monsters will give the motor a majority of its torque)

Properly break the motor in, drill the armature, lube it up, give it some comm drops, and feed it 7.4v, and this thing will tear up the dirt! Like I said, there is alot of potential to be had, however, the fan base won't be as large as car motors.

Later,
RedSXmodder

Team Redmade Motors- Building Motors that rise above the rest!

Rethink It All