View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 04:51 PM
XMS Admin

Trader Rating: (35)
Send a message via MSN to zippo855 Send a message via Yahoo to zippo855

Quote:
Originally Posted by BART View Post
I still have the 1/5 F1. Hasn't been started in years. Have 2 semis, some scale crawlers, a tank, bla bla bla. Hope you have a great Christmas man. All the best you you and everyone still around.
I hear ya, i hadnt started any of mine in a few years, started rebuilding the carbs last year. Fired up the twin baja, but never made it out to run. Probably need new batteries in them now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BART View Post
And just bought myself a Christmas present. Rc4wd Beast II. Not sure the logic behind it, but hey, merry Christmas to me.
Those things look pretty awesome, play with it any yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotmikal View Post
Living life.

I got a recently got a promotion, so that's nice.

Been doing a lot of film/video stuff lately. Got a slider for Christmas, super happy with the smoothness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggUjuCLCqCo

Not doing much in terms of R/C though, I just keep my old Civic on my desk lol
Congrats on the promotion. That's cool with the film and video stuff, still need some sort of hobby to keep you sane, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhl7958267 View Post
Well as owner of spfcobrasxmods on ebay, I can say sales have still been ok. Keeping up with it can be challenging since I work a full time job with many hours overtime.

Still have my son Scott Jr involved with xmods. After graduating college early, he has a great job as a mechanical engineer. He has find some time to write some cnc codes and we bought a mill and have been selling carbon fiber evo chassis's. Gen 1 soon to come.

Xmods was and is still a great way we get to do things together even with him living a state away.
I'll have to check out the chassis, is it on ebay for sale? Sounds pretty cool. And definitely a way to keep doing things together, thats what hobbies are for

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodkidd33 View Post
Yo. I barely Xmod or RC or model car anymore bc of college, social stuff and being a lot more into PC gaming and stuff. I'll graduate this summer with my electrical engineering degree and hopefully work back into the RC world. Crazy to think I joined this site when I was 12, and now I'm almost 23.
Awesome on the degree, definitely takes a lot of time out of other things when college hits.
I was thinking about that the other day, I joined these sites back in 08 and spent a lot of time on them over the next many years, and now 9 years later one site just shut down without notice, and hardly see any posts here. Glad there is still activity, and people sill interested. Just crazy how far things have dropped off from the good old days. lol

TEAM X.I.
my massive collection of xmods
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13526