View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 01:36 AM
Drift maniac

Trader Rating: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris19 View Post
I want an EVO 8 XMOD so bad. Is that a custom carbon fiber hood or does that come on the body?
Haha its a nice body, the carbon hood is from the body kit.

Got lots of fixing to do on my what was my X-Waver Drift Car. Its being stripped down and going through a complete rebuild with my spare and new RV Project ESC. Spent like 2 and a half hours getting all of it apart and getting parts cleaned. Still got a ton of parts to clean and lube..... Here's where I'm at:

The start. Goodbye I-waver board, you served me well. It still works, but I have no use for it now.

Such a dirty install (my 2nd ever swap) I can't believe it lasted this long!!!

After about 30 min everything was completely apart. Took my time on this so I wouldn't lose valuable GPM screws and parts in my shaggy carpet...

Man, dirty grease all over the insides of the car

Also did some cutting to shed weight and expose some areas that I want to see/observe when I run into problems. Started with cutting up the servo. In some areas.

Started to trim the inside in an attempt to make more room for turning. After I test fitted it in the chassis, I realized the chassis also prevents it from turning too far and it just won't turn far in general. Pretty pointless to cut up the inside of the servo case LOL I lost some weight though...just a little.

Then I did cutting in the chassis, I seriously recommend doing this, it makes the car lighter and it helps the battery tray slide much, much easier, and you can access the battery terminals easier in case you need to solder something. I don't think it makes it less stiff, it might just a little but since the chassis is clipped in the battery tray, I think all the twisting just goes to the battery tray and it doesn't do much. Great thing to do and I recommend it

Then I rewired my extra board cause wires fell off when I put it into my Gen 1 a while back, had to desolder it from the HS-55 servo.

Added tape to it and stuck it to the chassis. Soldered on the servo motor too.

And this is where all the tedious aspects of the rebuild come in. Soldering. Ughhh I took my time. Like 40 min or so just to solder this thing in....I'm not great but I tried to make it as clean as possible and I'm **** proud of how clean it looks.

Added the light plug for my Yeah racing light kit on the Skyline and its done! Looking so good, tested and it turns with no problems. I was so happy to finally be done.

Not done just yet, still gotta CLEAN!!!!!!!!!!!! so many small parts.....so tedious.... uggghh!!!

Team X.I.