View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 09:02 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

PLEASE GOD, TELL ME THE CHEAPEST AND EASIEST WAY TO GET DISK BRAKES ON MY **** PICK'M UP TRUCK!

While the 67-72 forums say one swap, the man at the Junkyard (also really knows what he's saying) says something totally contradictory. So, yay, no ****ing clue once more. Just trying to not have to buy the $700 kit.

But, good day no less, brand new seats out of a wrecked 08 Silverado, just gotta clean them up and fix one of the seats:

They look different shades of grey because the driver's side was wet from the carpet cleaner. But sweet setup no less, and for $150, cheapest set of seats priced so far!

Then went to go pick up the springs:

His project truck, and why I'm getting springs. Laid out on air bags, just started his project. So anyways, talking to his dad since he had left earlier, pull out my wallet to pay the man for the springs and shocks, and he asks,

"What's that for?"
"The springs and shocks," I say.
"He told me to just give them to you"

I was excited, called up the guy and he says "Yes, merry chistmas!"

So that's 250~ bucks saved!

Got home and ripped out the stock springs:

Toss in the lowered springs, not noting their exact drop, but realizing the moment the wheels hit the ground, the grins on my dad and I's face was large. It's too low to run, considering the axle tubes only have an inch until the bump stop, and maybe 3-4 inches until it hits the frame. So in the end we'll run 3inch drop springs instead of the 5 inch springs (later found the parts number) so that the truck can still haul and drive, but check out my ***!

Tossing on the 3 inch front coils tomorrow.

Also I saw a *****en silverado with rockwell axles, and a car on fire!

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere