View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 09:25 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to BulletsRain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade. View Post
Independant rear suspension i.e. coils and struts? If so you should be able to adjust the toe, and camber also on the rear.

Simple fix really, just time consuming. Oh, take note. If your Camber and Toe are off, you will have different types of tread wear, and could possibly be paying more for fuel as the vehicle becomes un-efficient with wore tires.

Tom.
No IRS on my Jeep. I do believe some of the newer ones have them..
I have coils front and rear.

I pay for more fuel as it is anyways. I get 12-13 mpg city now. Which really isn't all that bad IMO.

It's getting aligned tomorrow.

I need a new track bar for the rear to fix the issue.

I also need to look into new U-Joints... I have a clunking/popping noise when I am driving. It happens at random times... when I'm braking.. or a small bump... even on turns.. or when I start up from a stop. The U-Joints are like 14 years old... so it's probably them. Either that or my brakes... which would be a super easy fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
This is a Jeep, there is no such thing as IRS on a real Jeep. Rear axles need alignments too, especially after suspension work. When you see trucks driving crooked, it's either frame damage or an axle that's a few degrees twisted.
Tex is correct