View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 02:38 PM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayyab View Post
sorry dont know what sagging means.....
It means the truck is so heavy, that the suspension compresses with even all wheels on the ground. Thus it 'sags'. Easy to fix, just use stiffer springs, or space the springs off (so they are compressed, but the shock isn't compressed) and it will ride higher..

Quote:
sorry dont know what sagging means.....
well i built my first technic model when i was 6 so yeah.....i took the chassis design from somewhere else, it took me 1 and a half year to get every thing PERFECT
Built my first when I was like 8... It was a Red Farriri car one.. Took two weeks of summer vacation... Takes a while, and if you screw it up, well, you're screwed...

Quote:
it was really driving me mad, like if i got the rear gearbox going, the axels would be 2 holes away
Since you're going 540 anyways, you could always make custom metal (brass is fairly easy to cut, and solders well) extensions for the driveshaft. But then you mess up two axels everytime you glue it...

Quote:
BTW if u noticed it has a wannabe gearbox with a shiftstick too but the gears actualy move, dont do anything else though...
I noticed that, pretty cool...

Quote:
will get more pics later....gotta slep have school tommorw.... mums yelling "TAYYAB GO TO BED OR YOU'L NEVER SEE UR XMODS AGAIN "
Hm... I went to sleep like 10.30pm last night, woke up at 5.00am.. Had a Red Bull during math, and now I have a drink called "No Name" that is like drinking 3.5 Red Bulls, but less liquid. Burns your throat though. (One Red Bull is ~80mg of Caffine, a can of Coca-Cola is ~30mg of Caffine.)

Quote:
u want me CHANGE the place of something??!......HELL NO!, although i will try to make the gears functional, like if i put in reverse and put the truck on an inclined surface it wont go back, shouldnt be that hard.....but will take time
also check out my dogbones .....
Like I said above, custom shaft extensions....

You don't need functional gears, just a good gearing, the motor can reverse and forward for you. Simplifies things... Look into Lego Robots, there's alot with drivetrains you can do...

Oh, and the dogbones looks good. Not much else you can do, but they look like they'll hold...

No problem. We'll see how this project goes. If you finish it good, you're on the team, no questions asked.
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"