View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 10:47 PM
Drift maniac

Trader Rating: (7)
Default WhiteCharisma's Mini-Z Garage

Finally right??? I'm finally an owner of a Mini-Z!!! And after about five minutes of play time, I love it. Surprisingly though, even though the turning radius murders an Xmod, it still has the same "feel" since I did a board swap on my car, almost like a Gen 1 with AWD. Very light and nimble feeling, less "bulk" then an Evo xmod. Its just that Mini-Z's have more parts and have more sources for spares and such which got me to make the "jump" to the Mini-Z side of things. Though mine is rough around the edges, I'm hoping to get a couple new bodies.

The last owner said the body was pretty rough, I was expecting slight damage, some small bits broken off, this caught me by surprise, but I still love it because its the Initial D White FC RX-7

The previous owner need some practice....he had to go full speed into things to do this kinda damage LOL! but the chassis is the real beauty, for $145 w/controller and body shipped, I had to do it.

Carbon Fiber!!!

These cars are really simple too...I had a good 5 min look and I figured out only 4 screws and the back comes off to get to the pinions. Really nice, the pinions were confusing though...It was on the longer setting, so I put it back to the short setting for the body. The pinion on the motor was a little loose but I pushed it back in and it was fine. Really smooth but I thought it would roll a bit more after you let go of the throttle like my Xmod. Gotta lube it up I guess.

I'm really happy with the car, hope to learn more about Mini-Z's now, gotta make a new drift video now too!!!

Team X.I.