View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 10:01 PM
is here

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via MSN to Stampedekid

Get a good electric first, not Exceed Crap. CEN is good, not crap like Exceed which Nitro RCX sells both but CEN is actually good stuff. I would say save up the extra bucks and buy Traxxas, HPI, Losi, etc...whatever your LHS sells. Don't buy something because it goes 70mph because I guarantee you will not be able to controll it and break it. The fun of the hobby is to get something that is built to last and will take some abuse. If it's your first good rc, go micro and buy one of the Losi Micro's. Easy to maintain, durable, drive almost anywhere. Sure I'm making most of My RC's Brushless or upgrading a Nitro Engine in the near future but that is because I have experience with the good stuff. Gettin someone else to drive with is a great addition to the fun. Buy something that has parts readily available. Traxxas is probably the biggest of the bunch. Buy a Traxxas electric, it will not disappoint. Like I said, start with electric. Slash is a good one because its fast and waterproof. Mine is great. I don't break parts a week. Depends how I bash, can be a day lol. BL Micro DT v.s. Roof to ground manytimes=many broken parts

Last edited by Stampedekid; 11-29-2008 at 10:03 PM..