Thread: Drift video
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 01:37 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (12)

The first vid wasn't drift, as color0 already said. The last two...a little bit but still not really drifting. It did bear some similarities to freestyle drifting though. Overall I think you've got a good start on things, with a bit more practice i think you'll be an Xmod drift pro in no time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarip4.5 View Post
not bad, in my opinion, AWD is not real drift, try RWD, its so much more challenging but sooo rewardin once you get the hang of it.
There are actually pros that drift AWD. Even though alot of Evos and STIs are converted to RWD for drifting there are a handful of ballsy drivers that drift with AWD in reall life. So to says its not drifting just because its AWD is not correct at all. Drifting is about the technique and the controlled slide and connecting those slides through a track or freestyle area. Drifting is an action, a verb...it has nothing to do with FWD, AWD or RWD.

For AWD drifting you need a very stiff suspension and lots and lots and lots of speed (this is real life). Its extremely difficult which is why you don't see many AWD drifters around. But the bottom line is just because the car is AWD doesn't mean its not drifting.

RWD drifting with an Xmod is fun once you get the hang of it but now that I've been doing it for awhile I'd much rather drift AWD with an Xmod because it doesn't take as much thinking and judgment...and I don't have to worry about crashing and breaking another front bumper on my Lancer