View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 01:49 AM

Trader Rating: (0)
Default Possibly unanswered questions about FETs

My 10 new FETs arrived from China! They even came in their own social-distancing packaging
More soldering fun to be had when I can find the time... (don't worry I've fiddled with FETs on one of the cars to get it working again, so not intimidated by their size)

I have some questions though since I have a pack of 10. Are these FETs more powerful than the standard Gen1 ones? ie. if I didn't stack them, and just straight replaced 2 old FETs for 2 new ones, would they make the car a bit faster than normal?

As I'll soon have 3 chassis... 2 standard cars that work, and 1 that doesn't because the original FETs blew.
So I could stack 2 cars (one of the working ones, and the broken one) 2x2 with the new Fets, and just keep one working car on the normal FETs.
Or could I stack a working and not working car 2x2 = 8 of the new FETs, and put the last 2 new FETs ontop of the old working FETs of the other car; or would that just be a disaster waiting to happen?

One more Q: Can anyone share a pic of how I'd need to cut the heatsink for the stacked FETs please?

Thanks team!