View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 10:59 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to greenday Send a message via Yahoo to greenday
Default Mystery Kyosho Car???

I got this thing from my dad in his nice assortment of junk cars. It had a buggy twin, same chassis and all. This one's motor seems good so I decided to pull some running gear from other donors and see if any of it worked. (It didn't have any servos, or a receiver) Of my 2 receivers, this Hitec worked. Two Futabas got placed in charge of the steering and throttle duties, and I also pulled the throttle servo horn/linkages from the buggy. The engine is a Kyosho GS 21. I haven't a clue about this thing, other than I am having slight trouble adjusting my linkages on my throttle and it has decent compression. I'm hoping a friend from school will bring me a glow driver and a plug tomorrow, so I can find out if my hard work will pay off. As of now, it's pretty much ready to be started and re-tuned.

Please pardon my wiring job. I had a crappy day yesterday and wound up buying more battery boxes from the ratshack. This one has a nice switch (how I tore up my last one, wiring switches...) And I can access the batterys in the car. Probably not the best location, and the overhang is a bit much...but ehhh...the connectors you see were a good idea but turned to a pain with the small wires...But all in all, it's working as of now. So yay.

ANY help at all identifying this thing would be appreciated, as well as any help with getting it running. Probably going to try and have it running tomorrow. It's got some 20% in the tank, so maybe I can get a video of it and you helpful folks can get me started on the tight foot.