View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Holy awesome, I drove the truck.

So, it was backed out of the driveway, and turned around in the street, but it's movement. It's also hell. Every try a 3 point turn in a 5000lbs truck with no power steering? Ha... hahah... But it's a rumbling beast no less.

Anyways, backed it into the garage, it's cold, windy, and miserable outside.

Bet you can't find the lower ball joint nut! Love 40 years of grease

Also gotta love 3 foot breaker bars that can break 40 years of grease.

Anyways, 3 inch drop springs vs the stock spring.

The 1st side was easy. All was said and done in 45 minutes. The passenger side. Well... The lower ball joint was so worn out, trying to pry the spindle off it, was **** near impossible. Pulling the spindle up to pry off, pulled the ball joint along with it! It took 3 hours of hammering and mess unitl it finally popped out. But, spings in and down on the jacks:

Sits perfect at front. While the body does sit level, the rear tires are still tucked in more than the fronts. And with the travel issues, eventually I'll throw in 3in drop springs instead of the 5s. But for now, the CST10 is down nice.

Finished up the steering wheel, Olds 442 wheel looks badass, and is a much nicer size than the original wheel. Went a head and ripped off the old cracked dashpad, just got tired of it. And re-installed the guages and finished the Cadillac clock.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere