Thread: New Toy
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 09:18 AM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Got my ESC / Motor picked out... knew I wanted brushless, knew I didn't want to a high KV rating, knew I wanted 4-pole and finally knew I wanted 2-3S compatibility... at least for the moment anyway as I'm new to the lipo / brushless world.

I would have loved something from Castle or a MambaMax or something but just don't have the budget for it right now. I looked some of the cheaper systems, Leopard / Turnigy / Tacon and I had pieced together an ESC and Motor when I can across a used Team Associated XP SC1200-BL ESC / Reedy 550-SL 3500kV Motor.

Detailed Part Description:

XP Brushless ESCs are water-resistant for maximum durability. Their light weight and compact design allows for easy installation in most 1:10 vehicles. Simple calibration and a wide variety of tuning options make these ESCs perfect for both casual enthusiasts and racers. When paired with a Reedy 540-SL or 550-SL brushless motor, you create a potent combination of power and efficiency that brings performance to a new level. More power and less maintenance elevate the fun factor by increasing top speeds and reducing down time.

ESC Features:
• Adjustable LiPo Low-Voltage Cutoff
• LiPo Cell Auto Detect
• Reversible with Reverse Lockout
• Fully Proportional Brakes
• Adjustable Drag Brakes
• Adjustable Throttle Profile
• Hard Case with Aluminum Heat Sink
• Water Resistant
• Heavy Duty Silicone Wires
• DeansŪ Ultra PlugŪ Connector
• 3.5mm Motor Connectors
• Pre-Wired for Optional Cooling Fan

Specs:
• Cells: 2-3 LiPo, 6-8 NiMH
• On Resistance: .5Ohms x 2
• Brakes: Proportional
• Motor Limit: 2 LiPo: 6100kV. 3 LiPo: 4000kV.
• Reversible: Yes, with brakes-only option
• Low Voltage Cutoff: Adjustable, with cell auto-detect
• Dimensions: 46 x 42 x 26mm
• Weight with Wires: 100g (3.5oz.)
• Power Wires: 12-gauge silicone
• Connector Type: Battery: Deans(R). Motor: 3.5mm sockets.

The original retail on the kit is obscene... $296.99... they go on eBay for around $160.00 and I got mine for a lot less than that so for the moment I am happy with it. It's also a waterproof setup and the set I got has the optional cooling fan already installed on the ESC.

This should be here tomorrow, installed by the weekend.

I have my lipo charger picked out... just need to pick a battery, the chassis is setup for hardcases so thats what I'm looking at.

Once it's running there are a few niceties I want to pick up - like I said in my previous post I want a better servo -digital - and BEC to power it. Then I also want to get a drift gyro, not that I intend on drifting this sucker but they claim they tighten up the steering on off road vehicles.

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....