Thread: Winner SCX10
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky7 View Post
New rims, possibly new tires. The front fender is black now. Something is in the bed but I cannot make it out.
very good guess,

ok going to try to update this in two parts. this is part 1 part 2 will be posted by 10pm EST

ok so what was in my box... well this is a mind twist... 2.2 RC4WD Rock Stompers and to go with Junfac 2.2 GT beadlocks

got them bolted up....

took me all of 5 minutes after putting them on to decide they HAD to go, so same day as receiving they were for sale.

when i started looking for new rims/tires after the 2.2 i decided on 1.55, even better a local guy had a set of 1.55 RC4WD steelies with 1.55 RC4WD Mudslingers and a spare. i knew he had a 2.2 rig so i threw out a trade offer willing to ad to my side but he took a straight trade! i quickly dumped those 128mm shocks and went back to the 80mm ones that came with it.

i liked the result....

even got to put that spare to use

some people kept asking why i did 1.55, well simple. it looks more scale, and it makes you a better driver. and at the last meet at stone mountain i was there with this 1.55 rig and everyone else had Wraiths (3 guys with wraiths and me, i hung with them just fine )

some of you will remember the G6 i went to, well when i was there a guy saw that i didnt have a front bumper so he offered me one on a one off custom that i could not refuse! all it needed was a little cleaning up and a new coat if paint.

mounted up

mite have to remove the stock bumper =/

also spend awhile looking for a servo relocation kit that would let me keep my battery wayy up front an as low as possible. couldnt find one, so i did some custom fabrication

works great!

and you guys were probably wondering why it was such a big deal to get the battery up front and down low... those tiny 1300mAH dont weigh anything right? well, dumped those for this

yup, that right there is a gens ace 5000mAH 40C 3s. and trust me.... its heavy. but now some of are are probably thinking "Heh look at this Newb, i bet tomorrow he's going to post saying he blew his Rooster ESC because its only rated for 2s, well for that, you'll just have to wait for Part 2..

after the trip to stone mountain Sam (my non existent driver) decided the front fender was too beat up, so he did some shopping and found an OEM replica for a decent price, Sam decided it didnt need paint right now so it stayed the factory protective coating color... flat black

lastly...
this guy was offering to build parts for some parts he needed, i just happened to have some stuff i really didnt need so i gave it a shot..... i wasnt too impressed. i got him to make me some Rock Sliders like the ones are RC4WD for Hilux. the measurements were off and the welds were very messy, spend a day cleaning up one of them and it still was messy, but oh well, it will work for now.

but anywho... got them mounted up and decided they would make great spots to put the ESC and Receiver so i made some plates:

then added some Velcro and was set

hmm.... so what is that off on the other side? new ESC? you'll just have to wait.... part 2 will cover internals

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants