Thread: PSP questions
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 12:26 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX9RBART View Post
So what version do i look for and what hacks are available??? Anyone want to sell their PSP?
i use the hacks on my psp, they work great.

when you buy the psp, look on the bottom of it and if the last three numbers on the sticker thing are 1001, then turn it on, go all the way to left of the menu, go into "System Settings", scroll down, and find "System Information"

If the System Software is higher than 3.03 (NOT 3.30!), take it back and say it doesnt work. get one that has one lower than 3.03.

if it is lower than 3.03, upgrade to that (there is a link at the bottom od the post for more info) and then use a downgrader to get to 1.51.5 is the firmware that enables you to use the psp for many other things.

you can use it as a remote for PS2s with the Infra Red recievers, and many other things. you can put "homebrew" games on it too.

the only thing you can't do with 1.5 is internet. if you want that, you can upgrade back to 3.03. everytime you want to use it, but NEVER higher than that.

here is the link for more info:
http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/about13524.html
i run homebrew stuff on my psp all the time.

you can also download the iso files or "roms" and run them straight from the psp, but it takes a while to load, depending on the game.

there is also some homebrew thta can run on any firmware, but you have to have a version of GTA Liberty City Stories that isnt patched. i will try to find a link that tells how to tell if it is patched or not.

Last edited by Skyline5654; 03-18-2007 at 08:29 PM..