View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 03:14 PM
aka xmod4life

Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via AIM to Dr. Kustom Send a message via MSN to Dr. Kustom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky7 View Post
**** that thing has got some zip!

I just received an HH BR-XL and 13T Crawlmaster motor for my latest build. Its all set up and hopefully I can take it for a spin. If it works as good as it looks I am planning to get a 35T Torquemaster for my SCX10. I see you running the Cobalt Puller and and how zippy your truck is yet it seems to do slow very well. Thoughts and opinion on it? Advantage over a Torquemaster or Crawlmaster?
I've tried out 3 different motors with many different gearing on this truck; Tekin Heavy Duty 35T, TorqueMaster Sport 45T and the Cobalt Puller 7T. The 35T and 45T are very similar, both are 540 size. They share the same motor cans, only differences are the armature they have in the can, the 35T have more top speed and the 45T have more torque. They are both very easy to re-build. Now for the Cobalt Puller 7T, it offers much higher top speed with very stable low end torque. It's a 550 size motor, the can is a bit longer than the 540, but it will still fit fine on the tranny without any problem. I've lowered the gear ratio on the axles and tranny to get the most speed out of it, and yet the 7T still offer a great low end throttle.

I haven't try the CrawlMaster motor, so I don't have any thoughts on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodsNSX94 View Post
I begin to love this thread more and more with every time i read it haha

few questions though, do the wheel wells affect maneuvers at all? like climbing rocks and stuff?
does the sponge filter affect motor performance? only i tried it once and it ruined my motor?

thanks in advance
NSX
The wheel wells have no affect to the suspension. They are mounted high enough even when the suspension are fully compressed, the wheels will not rub against the wheel wells. There are also spacers behind the shocks mounting point, it off-set the shocks with the wheel wells. They does great job keeping the mud and water out of the motor and tranny.

So far, I haven't had any problem with the filter on the motor yet. Because the Cobalt Puller 7T motor have a big open area on the end bells, so the filter will keep the brushes dust off the chassis and keep the mud/water (if any) away from the brushes.