View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 05:28 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)

Some more stuff I have done in the past month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananabrain View Post
Buffed my truck by hand this morning, took over two hours. It was about 60 degrees out, glad its suppose to stay like this all week. So I decided to go at it.

Got rid of alot of the micro scratchs that just form over time, only thing I didn't buff was the wheels, windows & the roll pan. I orignally was only going to do the tail lights but I did the whole truck instead. lol

Hasn't been this reflective since I have owned it.

Quote:
Some evening pictures at the dam.

Quote:
I accomplished three things today, finally found a nut that would fit my transmission rear bolt mount since mine has been missing since the first day I owned it (no clue were it went, or if they forgot to put it on when the rebuilt the transmission) I am hoping that it helps keep the shaking in my truck down since everytime it shifted up or down my truck shook since I belive the tranny was kicking to the side. Haven't driven it yet to see if it solved the issue. Then I did one of the ultimate tbi mods, took the silencer thing out of the box in my stock intake, definetly opened it up more, from 2" to 4" and I did take the little flap thingy & make it were its permantly open so no more waiting for it to open when the engine is warm enough. Then fixed my under the hood light so now it turns on everytime you open the hood, instead of having to flick it to make it turn on.
Quote:
Did another ultimate tbi mod, removed the air tube from my fender. Man was that restricting the air.

Inside fender shot.

Had to make a few relief cuts with a soldering iron, since my knife disappeared.

The silencer thing that was inside the air box.

I have the heat riser flap permatly set open so I don't have to wait for the sensor thing to open it. I need to get the grinder back from my grandpa so I can get the rivots out & drop the whole mehcanism out of the breather & then cap it off.

My charcoal canister needs to be replaced.

TEAM XI