View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 10:47 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winner View Post
ok hi guys!

quick update, Today i finnally got my drive shaft retainers, and i got new 10WT oil for the shocks got both installed.
pics:

Now i know some of you are chringing in your seats because i used Hot Racing, but in reality im a broke teenager with no job so yes they wrre cheaper but these HR ones will work just fine, i bet even a plastic retainer would do the same job just as well.

after i installed them had to check and make sure it had fixed my problem.
Video:

Yep! its good, after that i packed up my things in the back of my trusty Exploder and was off

video to come, i has some editing to do =P
Quote:
-UPDATE!
new springs got here, but even with the softest springs avalible and the lightest oil i could find (10 WT) i still had no droop! then i hooked up with one of my genius friends Mycrors4 and he tells me "hey man, why not put the spring out of a pen inside the spring?" so gave gave this genius idea a shot:

IT STILL DID NOT WORK! so tomorrow if i get the chance i will make the long adventure to the hobby town USA (AKA Rip off town) and try to get some 50 WT oil and put that in the shocks and no springs! hows that for droop? xD
QUOTE=Winner;34785]ok so there's more. the X5 body still is not here and if its not here by monday im calling the place because the tracking number they gave me has been created but not shipped like they said (evidently it shipped the 2nd)

heres some pics of the truck as it is now:

Enjoy your dinner at waffle house![/QUOTE]
Quote:
Chest hair! Eww! Erm.... i mean YEA! like a real man! all i need now are some dirty danglers xD
Quote:
ok, new shocks are here, and let me tell ya, 128mm is huge! im really glad i chose them over the 148mm i had originally wanted. would have been 2 cm longer.

size comparison

back lifted:

ok, so i know what you guys are thinking "But winner! its not SCALE!" and its not but thats soon to changing because i has idea! be sure to tune in next time!

oh yea, FLEX

^funny thing is, thats not even full flex 0.o

Quote:
update!

finnally got the droop i been wanting through spring switch.

ride height: before droop:

after droop:

and still get to keep all that flex

Quote:
btw, spec list, as promised!:
- Axial Dingo kit
- Extended trail arms
- Proline silverado body
- EXI metal gear super torque servo
- Integy 128mm shocks
- Traxxas red T-Maxx springs
- Hot Racing driveshaft retainers
- 3Racing 1/10 winch
- Blue Li-Po 1300mAH 2s Li-Po (2)
- Honcho front bumper
- Kyosho 30T motor (from the 80's LOL)
- RC4WD 4CH radio system
- Novak Rooster ESC
- Yea Racing Li-Po buzzer
- Axial Black/chrome beadlock rims

also for a charger im useing a thunder AC6 dual power smart charger. probably the best investment towards RC i ever made.

i'd really hate to go running prices on this truck, but im loving every minute of it!

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants