View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 11:32 AM
micro-creationist

Trader Rating: (1)

caught up with this thread and figured since I'm the one selling you a MR02 package i'd chime in on what some of these extras ive sent you do...

The ball diff I've sent is a moderately light model (PN ti shaft/ceramic ball/64pitch gears) that really works well at transmitting power on throttle out of corners. It tends to be really smooth but be sure not to overtighten it because you can groove the diff plates and make the diff action inconsistent. Ive also sent some replacement 48 pitch pinion and spur gears.

Thealloy motor pod essentially allows for better motor cooling and the ability to mount motors with threaded mount holes.

The 5 different t-plates will adjust the rear pod/axle flex for your driving conditions. Ive always been a fan of softer rear setups to keep the rear wheels planted through the corner but some people like harder rear flex to allow a little rear steer...with practice and track time you'll be able to figure out your suited driving style.

I sent 5 different front spring sets to allow for a wide range of soft to hard feels...the track condition (bumpy/smooth/turny/etc...) will dictate your prefered choice.

The front knuckles are an Atomic 1degree camber type that i feel are the most consitent actual camber (checked on a guage )

I sent a bunch of tires, premounted rear wheels and premounted front wheels for you to dial in track grip condiitons.

The three different tower bar setups vary for the body styles. I sent it with the PN 0.5 caster installed becasue that was my favorite way of running the McLaren F1GTR. It made a very pointy car a bit more stable though mid to high speed corners. There is also a standard tower bar set from Atomic if you feel the need to increase steering speed for really turny courses. The Wide front end system from reflex Racing gave the ability to run narrow offset wheels on wider bodies, thereby decreasing suspnsion jacking with the wider offset wheels. Try the WTF on the VDS body and those silver 0 offset rubber fronts and extra wide white foam rears and you'll see an amazing front and rear grip combo in the right track conditions.

If you have any more questions i'll be sure to check in here again....

Cowboy.