View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Stage 1 member

Trader Rating: (0)

Alright so I got the car painted (mostly lol still doing the stripes on the body). It's a nice bright and "full" looking red, reminds of the rally EVO's lol. Did two light layers of the white as seen above and then two pretty good layers of red.
lol my ghetto hanging rack to keep anything from landing on it.

The body had some issues with paint (the side stripe didn't go very well). But the stripe on the hood came out rather nicely, though somewhere between taping off, painting, and then clearing a small spec of something got on it, also the white has a lot of tiny, almost unnoticeable black specs in it.

The front grill had some issues
1. I forgot to tape off the grill
2. I repainted the grill but it got a little sloppy.
3. The paint around the light area where it was taped off got a little splotchy and almost peeled looking.
To paint the grill I just used some simple cheap acrylic paint and then did a coat of Krylon clear so it looks nice and shiny.

Finally the last piece done is the rear, I forgot to tape off/repaint the mudflaps but honestly I really don't care since they probably will get all dirty and the back wasn't really painted. The exhaust was just a lego piece I had painted unfortunately I didn't have any of more of my dads metallic silver.

I will finish this up by saying Florida really isn't the best for doing spray painting, the humidity just wouldn't let the paint dry so hopefully once the main body gets finished and dried I'll let it sit inside for a couple of days to get a really good and dry. Hopefully the main body turns out alright and I won't have to repaint anything, and then it will be time to start a new project. Paint my '08 GT-R, possibly paint my larger corvette rc that I got at Disney, or get a new body from ebay and do some serious work with it I'm thinking a Dune Buggy Beetle.

Last edited by IHateMakingUserNames; 01-12-2011 at 12:17 PM..