View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 06:44 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (0)
Default 03 SVT Focus

I was recently in an accident the resulted in the total loss of my 'inherited from Granny' daily driver. It was an 02 Taurus. I never would have bought that car since it is a grampa type car, but since it was inherited (free) I accepted it and drove it. I eventually grew to almost like it. But now it's gone. My wife and I also have an 02 Focus wagon and always said if we had to buy another car it would be a Focus. So given the opportunity to go car shopping I went looking for Focus wagons and 5 doors. I got lucky and found an 03 SVT Focus ZX5 with only 82000kms for a great price. The down side was it looked like crap. The previous owner parked by braille, and must have driven through a lot of bushes because the paint is scratched all over. The good side is my mechanic said it was in great shape mechanically. Needed a few things but nothing major.

In total over 3 years of production in 3 door and 5 door versions only 14,003 SVT's were built. Mine is one of 591 in silver with black/red interior. They come standard with all the performance and handling goodies. 170hp, 6 speed manual (I think with quaiffe LSD), 4 wheel anti lock disk brakes, 17 inch wheels, traction control, sport tuned suspension, power sunroof, leather interior, in dash 6 disc 290 watt 7 speaker audio system with 8" subwoofer....The list goes on. I love it. And my boys affectionately call it 'Daddy's sports car.'

Q & C welcome.