View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 08:23 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to 91FCPleaseTII
Thumbs up [FINISHED IMG's Uploaded!] Nissan 370Z paint work.

FINISHED!
[Pictures below.]

My clean red 370 is now undergoing a paint job. I wish i had taken pictures of the process, But I will try to take some of where it is at the moment.

370 rear

370 front end

What i've done so far, is primered off the entire car, only masking emblems, the back bottom red square light thing? and door handles.

I removed all windows of the car, ( if you want to know how just ask me, but I am sure thats already been answered before.)

I did a white primer on the body from a spray can, one of my friends uses to make his models with. (he uses acrylics and such on gundams and other models.) After I did a watered down paint job WITH A BRUSH (no airbrush available to me :[). watered down so it would leave brussh marks or take too much detail out, most of it came out really nice, and I am happy to say that.

I kept the front bottom lip black as it is stock. but changed the front inside grill from black to a worn silver for an intercooler-ish look. I also painted the hood black for a little shout in the car. with out having its gloss coat yet, the car to me, looks fantastic.

On the rear I did as best i could to keep the lisence plate clean, but if you look at my top referance images, on the rear of the 370 down low there is a bottom section housing that red square light. I made that housing thingy black. (kind of like you see on a lot of modern day mazadas [ speed3 and soo on.])

as for rims, I made a rustic gold and painted it over two bottom coats.

coat 1 was a black primer.
coat 2 was a brown acrylic.
final coat was a gold acrylic.

Still painting the mirrors of the car, along with the rims (about 55% done).

Pictures will be taken tomorrow, and I will post them ASAP!

Overview... you'll be looking at a White Twin Turbo 370z, with carbon fiber hood, Carbon fiber front lip, sitting on Gold/Bronze rims.

primer-ed and painted body n wheels.

flat painted body alone

front flat painted close up

rear flat painted close up

Gloss coat just added (front)

Gloss coat (rear)

Rear finished with fitted tailights

front finished with fitted headlights

Finished set up

Fun shots, [my touchpad on my laptop made it look like there was underglow lighting haha]

thanks for checking it all out. Let me know what you guys think!

Last edited by 91FCPleaseTII; 08-22-2010 at 03:16 AM.. Reason: Finished :D