View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 05:54 AM
German RSX-Freak

Trader Rating: (0)
Default Mazda RX-7 FD 3S

Hi from Germany,

now i want to show you my project with a Mini-Z Body of Mazda RX-7 on a XMODS-Evo-chassis (sorry, if my english is not so good, I try my best and hope you can understand what I write )

basement of the project was body of Mazda-RX7. Sadly this body is not available for xmods, so I have to use it from Mini_z. The major goal of this project was to light the body and make it adapted for an xmods-chassis.
The light kit is self made and is made up of 20 LEDs (2x2 SMD white in the cover lights, 2x1 3mm yellow for fog-lights, 2x2 3mm red for backlight and 10x smd-blue for the underground)

So I ve startet with uninstall the covers of front light:

Than I drilled some small hole, so smd-led´s will fit (The big hole in the middle is for installing the covers):

Now it get complicate . I cutted out the glasses of the cover lights, so i can install the smd-led´s:

After that i´ve drilled the holes for the fog lights and make the first test:

For the backlight I must uninstall also the glasses. than drilled 2 extra holes, so that I can install 2 led´s on each site:

The clips of the body are also selfmade. It takes a long time, before it fits nice with the chassis:

Now all preperations are done and the output was:

So that´s it

Last edited by Tischo; 08-20-2010 at 06:20 AM..