View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 09:35 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofx View Post
Action, can you explain what kind of drastic improvement I will see, since you have all this stuff (and you have experience with it)?
upgrading to a hobby class AM board will

1. Make your car have a much improved steering control. The steering will be more graduated, or have more fluid feel through the steering range as the hobby class board has more graduation of steering angles that can be achieved in each direction.

2. Make your car have much improved throttle control. Same as steering difference, but with throttle. Much more precise control of throttle.

3. Give you a lot more Range. You'll have a ton of it. I can drive an AM car so far I can't tell which way the car is facing.

4. Let you have your selection of transmitters. Unlike xmod boards, MIni-Z and Iwaver AM boards have a large variety of different transmitters they work with. Airtronics, Futaba, KO-Propo, heck even the team losi Micro-t transmitter I have would work. They can be cheap to expensive and have as many features as you want or don't want.

5. Give you a small Weight reduction. Xmod boards are bigger, an AM board is lighter, while 2.4 is even lighter.

6. Make your car NOT have steering "vibration" with lithium ion or polymer so commonly found in the xmods, this does not happen to Mini-Zs.

Thats the main difference, of course, the board would accept different FETs like that of the Gen.-1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmod noob View Post
you could always tri the new iwaver 2.4 ghz board its about a 1/3 of the cost of the kyosho one about 25 bucks compared to 60 something
This is true! HOWEVER, these are not compatible with the same transmitters and modules that Mini-Z are. Just a side note. A couple guys tried to bind the iwaver 2.4 transmitter to the Mini-Z board and it did not work. I don't know any more details than that really.

Last edited by Action B; 04-12-2010 at 09:38 AM..