View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 01:38 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMDrifter View Post
the heli gyros control either the tail pitch serve or the tail motor to increase or decrease the torque-countering thust and help the heli stay straight. when command inputs are put in, the gyro also senses what the input should do and what the heli is actually doing and helps stabilize there too.

edit: here's a sketchof my chassis idea:

there'd be a center diff(truck diff modified to work with a pulley)
and 2 awd front-diffs. 18 of the big sized bearings and it would use front knuckles all around for the possibility of changing both front and rear toe angles. the center drive gears would just be shortened normal awd center gears on axle stubs that have the threads chopped off

what'd you think? too much work? too complex? or something other than that?
i think a center diff would be interesting cuz then you'd have a more precise awd more along the lines of the sti's and evo's and rs4's and stuff
I like it. A belt would not be my way to do it, too much risk of slippage under high load, but none too bad. Why is there a drive shaft with flex joints? Basically why is the pinion offset?

Also to those mentioning weight, if i remember right liths don't weigh that much, so by putting the motor and servo on one side you aught to be able to balance it out

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere