View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 09:19 AM
XMS moderator

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to tayyab

Quote:
Originally Posted by winner View Post
looks really good! hows it run? fet safe?(lol prob not)
Thanks! Real good. Nope. anything under 45T is not FET safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMDrifter View Post
RedSX has been generally inactive lately. it looks good, though the solder tabs seem a tiny bit messy.

i'd also like to recommend Hemi-style winding. instead of crossing over the top. you go straight down. it helps keep winds tight, and also has the effect to being faster by 1 to 1/2T look it up and it should seem pretty apparent to you how its done.
So I've noticed. Lol.
As for the tabs, other people also advised me not to use so much....Future motors will have minimum...

Hemi-style winding? Never heard of it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Try his face book/

I know Performace Xmods/Underground Xmods used to sell motor parts back in the day, but I don't know if he's still in business. You can try ebay. Otherwise Radio Shack sells cheap 130 sized motors for like $1.49 a piece. You can strip them and pull them apart for cheap parts. Probably not the best parts, but it's cheap to practice on.
Added him....Just waiting for acceptance...

Basicly I need a source for armatures. brushes, endbells, cases etc. are all available from one place or the other. Trying to find a place that sells arms...

i have only 3 proper arms. Taken from my T2, Z2 and chilli.
I stripped the wire off them and wound my own. The chilli i stripped last night, Still deciding what kind of motor to make....
On the T2 straight arm i made a 45T which i am running on my xmods and miniz.
The Z2 arm is a spiral arm. And winding on spiral is fricking hard... That got a 35T.(basicly i now have a patternwound Z2) And you have seen the stage one arm above....

What i have learnt so far:
the Z2,T2 and Chilli are ALL 35T motors. And i think they all use the same gauge wire aswell.(no confirmation on that yet)
The only difference is, the Z2 uses spiral arm, same EGR can as T2 which is a straight arm. And the chilli is in the M1 motor endbell.

So if you were to make a track motor and you had all three. I would suggest putting the Z2 arm in the chilli can.

Hope this helps someone....

And btw, i used a dab of superglue to keep the tabs in place

at this rate, I might make a patternwinding tut with a video soon.

Here are the pics of all 3 motors I have made so far.
I got a macro lens for my D90 aswell:

45T

28T

Comments and criticism welcome.

Later, T.I.M