View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 04:20 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadV8 View Post
Wow looking really good. I like the daylight pics and the new license plate lol.

You should use the old cab as like a couch or something in your room lol.

What style of painting is used that you are looking for?
It's an enamel paint, old school single-stage. but it puts off a lot of fumes. If I can get my friend's dad to lend me some time in his shop it'd be great. I've helped my friend numerous times with his '75 Camaro, and a motor/tranny swap. Figure I could try and pull some strings and have no labor costs. I'm also considering throwing John Deere "Blitz-Black" semi-flat black paint during the course of body work. It's cheap as hell, easy to spray, and very tough since it's a tractor paint. And unlike flat black primer, it doesn't chalk up or fade. That would be temporary while the fenders, hood, and bed are fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Vette View Post
curious how do you "french" the lights? rather here it from a person then google...
instread of mounting them from the outside, you cut down the mounting tab so it fits between the two lenses and mount from the back side. Used some allen-head bolts for a cleaner look.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere