View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 09:13 AM
All 6's and 7's

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to bondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0DEL View Post
bah!
looks about what they did with my car :/ 'cept mine came back with runs, and over spray under the wing, and the passenger door handle missing.

good luck!
hehehe,that made me chuckle a bit..
i'm sorry that it happened to you but it's kinda comical if you think about it.
i can see it now.
*one dumb painter to the other dumb painter "think she'll notice?"

any luck yet sweed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
As for taking it up with the BBB, they have to be a member of the BBB before you can use that against them. If they aint a member (or not legal for that matter) the BBB wont do anything but blacklist them from joining the BBB.

However if they are a member, you basically have high ground over the company assuming you have a valid complaint.
all you have to do is call.
in my teens i used to work for a man named harold miller who owned an exxon gas station/carwash.
i worked the carwash.
mr. miller was a cheapskate low life who inherited the buisness and i don't know if it was drugs or what but he started cheaping people on hours, changing timecards and refused to pay some people altogether.
anyways,a couple people got ****ed and called the BBB and when they got involved there was a full on investigation with fines and restitution for corrupt hours.
i ended up getting a grand when he'd only cheaped me on a couple hunnit and the manager ended up with almost 5k.
they issued him a buisness citation and warned that if he got another one, they were going to have his liscense revoked.
4 years later,9/11 hit....
guess who was the first schmuck in bay city to jack his gas prices up?
by noon it was up to $13 Gal.(normal for the time was about $2 give or take a few pennies)
someone called the BBB again and come 9/16, his liscense was revoked for price gouging and he was forced to sell his buisness.
i know all of this because me and the manager had a thing going on and she called me on 9/16 to wish me a happy b-day and to give me the good news about a man that i despised.
i know for a fact that he wasn't a member of anything that would force him to run a better buisness.

the bottom line is this,the BBB has ALOT of pull in the US and if they can see a way to make some coin from it(fines) then i'm sure they'de do whatever they can to help out and it wouldn't cost anything more then a phone call.

Last edited by bondo; 11-05-2009 at 09:38 AM..