Thread: Brushless Care
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 12:32 AM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadV8 View Post
cool thanks for all the info. When you say with out a load do you mean simply not having the motor in the car and just holding it and reving it? With the trinity oil is that just like 2 drops on the bearings or is there a whole step by step for cleaning the car bearings. As for the brushless motor there is only 2 spots that i can see bearings one is on the back and one is at the top, are they the only ones i need to worry about?
No load means no resistance, as Action B has stated in the post above mine. This means the motor is running as fast as it can, causing the most heat and from what some claim "the most damaging thing you can do to your motor!" I don't buy it. A little bit here and there will not kill your motor, but I do agree that prolonged no load running can ruin your motor(s).

To clean any sort of bearing (besides motor bearings) you should always disassemble them from the car/truck and clean them thoroughly. To clean my bearings I remove them from the RC, place them all in a Dixie cup and fill to the top of the highest bearing with the Trinity Royal Oil. Swish them around a few times to remove as much of the dirt and grime as possible and dump them onto a piece of paper towel covering a bowl (this way they don't go into the garbage or down the sink drain). Then I repeat the process until the dirt and grime is removed. I then either let them air dry over night or blow them dry with compressed air. After I know their dry I give them each a few squirts of straight Royal Oil and install them back into the cleaned RC. I typically do this about once every five or six runs to make sure everything is in tip top shape.

For motor bearings I just place one to two drops on each bearing every so ofter. Certainly do not go overboard because as I said a few posts above the fluid will turn into a powder when heated and dried which could potentially seize your motor. And yes, those are the only two you need to worry about because they should be the only two bearings.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."