View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 04:13 PM
That's what she said.

Trader Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by surgeon View Post
The wheels are cool looking and the body is pretty decent, can you get pictures of the electronics? Have you thought about putting a new motor in it? Maybe a radline or something torquey?
Well, the only problem is when you first get the RC, it is a little different setup than other RC's.

First off, it has two 130 motors, one for the steering, one for going forwards and backwards. This makes the car's center of balance a bit low. The motor to the right is for steering, one in the back is for driving.

The gearing setup is a bit complex, but makes sense. The pinion is a bit big, but helps out for torque (I think...) The pinion drives the main drive shaft which then drives the rear pole.

The other side of the pole drives the front diff. I finally realized that the front diff runs a bit longer than the rear pole thingy so this way it pulls a bit more to the front wheel when you brake allowing it to make a nice U-turn drift. Also note the dogbone which fits nicely into the other thingy which name escapes me...

Now the electronics. This is about as far as one can go with a regular Philips screwdriver. Two pretty motor lead pad things. The only way I can get to the electronics is to get a triangle screwdriver, which I don't have. It's like those stupid McDonalds toys that when one wants to take it apart, they can't.

Here's the motor. A good way to mod the motor is to just get Neo magnets. and maybe change the armature. Also, because the steering motor is also turned the same way (two motor leads), if someone wanted to change out the electronics, one would have to hack the chassis to put in a servo. Because of this, I'm a bit afraid to change the motor to a better one XD

As for a video, I just got back from Taiwan, so I'll start making a video today if I have some time after unpacking.

Last edited by taiwanesekid05; 06-28-2009 at 09:27 PM..