View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 03:23 PM
Modifier

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a

Then let me ask something realistic- how many Xmod clubs are in your areas? How many of those would bother getting a 3-400$ lap counting hardware and RCP tracks? It looks to me like majority of us here are extremely scattered about the states and beyond, but there are hardly any 2 or more member within each other's reach.

Cowboy, you're lucky enough to own a huge layout, lapping system, and the community to work with, but you didn't buy all of that just for Xmods, right?

So the way I see it- majority of you guys would either have to piggy back on your local Z/whatever RC clubs that use RCP tracks and thus join the existing HFAY OR do a mighty amount of convincing and gathering to make a branch of a local club just for xmods.

As far as Xmods not standing a chance- from the official score tables, anything but MR02 doesn't stand a chance of winning (unless our best MR15 and MA10 drivers simply don't do hfay) and that excludes 2/3 Z chassis as well.

Let me throw in a closing example- in my area and NoVA there are probably 30-40 guys who do any RC stuff that I can think of. Out of those, probably less than 10 do 1/28 at all. Out of those NO ONE has any interest in doing anything with Xmods. So merc3des, there MUST be some kind of reason for these statistics, right?