View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 11:21 AM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

OK so the first of my upgrades arrived yesterday.... but it was to late in the day for me to do anything with them....

First lets start with what I purchased:

1 of each of the tire sets - the ones in the baggy are from Zippo and the original sale. So that's:

1 slick set
2 drift sets
2 all terrain
1 spiked
1 ribbed

All surfaces are now my *****....

1 of each of the parts needed to keep this bad boy running... this includes:

Titanium Turnbuckle and Servo Saver upgrade
Hardware kit - spare screws, clips, antenna covers, etc
Antenna Kit - spare tubes and caps
Carbon Fiber driveshaft kit
Front / Rear spare shock towers
Front / Rear spare bumpers
Spur gear and pinion upgrade kit

I don't want to run into the same problem as with XMODS of never being able to find upgrades

So far I've installed the slick tires and the titanium turnbuckles:

I continue to be impressed with these things.. the titanium turnbuckles are adjustable so I've been able to remove some of the toe in from the front wheels which was screwing up my straight line....

I haven't yet installed the CF driveshaft as I have a bunch of other drive upgrades on the way and will put everything on in one hit....

Also managed to break the wrench when putting the slicks on:

Sometimes I just don't know my own strength.....

In terms of future plans I'm still a little undecided as to which route I want to take, I'm definitely going to replace the ESC and Servo with some better quality components but motor wise I'm just not sure... however this motor:

Which is the high torque one might be modified slightly and used but how its going to be modified will remain a secret for the moment...

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....