View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 10:18 PM
All 6's and 7's

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to bondo
Default wich way did he go? wich way did he go???

4WD/4WS....got your attention yet?

boredom,an itch to recklessly destroy something and the natural habbit to modify anything i come in contact with has led to the start of what i understand to be the first small scale 4WD/4WS monster.

no plans were drawn, no prototypes made.
just me, a ruler,a partial brain and a boatload of money.
i've wanted a proper monster since i started in with the Xmods a few years ago.
after building a decent Xmod monster and finding that almost no ammount of money/time will make the POS turn properly with the rediculously oversized tires, i started looking to other trucks.
the only problem,Xtrucks **** for monsters PERIOD and all of the other platforms cost too much to chop up on a whim........until i found the radline.
the radline is 4WD but not 4WS.......
i also found the radlines to be too twitchy and unresponsive to be a decent driver.(i've bought two now with the same results for both)

i bought a mini-z monster and it's pretty fun but the tires and stance are a but small for my taste and the lack of 4WD kinda sucks too.

but,i found a **** good platform to start my masterpiece.
a possible mutt of mini-z,micro-t and radline.
all of the options are still in the air but i've narrowed it down a good bit.

i had alot of options to sift through.

here was the first go through with the MZM mainstay,micro-t trans/board and hs-55's.

it's all nice and tight but there were alot of trickle down flaws from this setup.
i had already ordered a second radline and it showed up as i was snapping the previous pics....so

......TEAR IT APART!!!

i lopped off both of the radline understays and stuck em together to make a 4" wheelbase.(also added the new possible parts to the pic)

i'm kind of unsure about this part.
i know it will work and mount but i'm unsure how the gear reduction is going to effect the overall performance.

the radline driveshafts will be cut and serve two purposes.
one end will hold the spur gear in place in the "new" trans and the gear ends will run into the boxes like they are supposed to.
(uncut)

motor and "trans"

and here's the chassis as of this afternoon.

i've since gotten the wheels on and the rest of the front ends are put together.

anyone have a good diagram or explanative pic of a micro-t board????

BTW, this babies got a suprise coming to it......:::