View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 11:54 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

In other news, the Chevy was driven home. All went extraordinarily well except for the steaming heater core. So, no AC or heater at the moment..

Something I can say. With a full throttle and massive wheel spin, it hits 0-60 in about 8 seconds, given it kept nose to nose with my dad's Grand Prix GT, which pulls 0-60 with traction control on in about 8 seconds. Not bad for a 4500 lbs truck.

It seems to have 4.10 gears, awesome (crap!)... It hums rather high at freeway speeds with such short gearing. I probably can't hit 100 with out risking the motor. But, my dad still has a 700R4 transmission in storage, that'd give a short 1st gear (with 4.10 gears, it'd pull stumps out of rock), and an overdrive, it'd haul ***, and cruise much better.

For my birthday, I my dad installed a new grille in while it was up at the dealership this past week. It looks sweeeeeeeeet... Got some weather stripping as well, since my doors are gone basically.. lol.

More pics tomorrow, and some sweet video of course. 8)

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere