Thread: xmods,miniz
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 05:22 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (8)

I've had both, here is my take.

It all depends on what you want to do with it. If you want to drive a car outside, please, please do not get a Mini-Z.

If you want to race competitively, its foolish to buy an Xmod over a mini-z.

If you want a large body selection, get a mini-z (unless your particularly good at modding bodies which I'm not)

If you want to drag race your car only, meaning, straight line speed, I would not recommend a Mini-z. A stock X-mod and mini-z are roughly the same speed. Though, keep in mind that a Mini-Z will ALWAYS have less drivetrain loss than an X-mod. They are made more simple and to more exact tolerances (this is comparing awd to awd and rwd to rwd)

If your looking for handling, real handling don't get an Xmod. Get a mini-z. If you want to "improve" vs. what you had thats fine, but don't expect someone with a -different mindset- to not think its kinda silly when your after performance but you've selected the less performing car. Considering the same motor in both cars, a mini-z will DO WORK on a fully modified (suspension wise) XMOD. Not that either mindset is wrong, it just WILL happen.

When people ask me what to get I always ask them what they want to do with their R/C car. Maybe this will help someone, oh and Hi sky! I didn't know you were a part of another forum